Friday, July 20, 2012

Airshow - Practice Round

This weekend is the Sioux Falls Airshow. It is a great event and best of all it is FREE!
I took today off to do some practice shooting of the planes since they go through their practice rounds also. I am still in awe that they can even get off the ground let alone flipping this way and that and flying upside down! The practice round went ok for me. I have got a few settings figured out on my camera which helped a lot.  FYI----I went through one 8GB card just shooting today! YIKES!  
I sure do love the old planes, but the vapor trails around the jets are pretty darn cool also.  

Our local camera shop, Harold's Photo and Tamron Lenses are sponsoring a workshop this weekend in conjunction with the airshow.  We will be photographing the planes pretty early tomorrow morning and shooting throughout the day....I CAN'T WAIT! 

If you are in town, get out there an enjoy this awesome event, but make sure you stay hydrated and have sunscreen!

Here are a few of the images from my practice round!
(I am saving some of the Blue Angel photos for a future post!)







No comments:

Post a Comment